Mason/Gideon press conference features fast growing alliance
Maine Broadband Coalition supporting LD 1063
(Augusta, Maine) A collection of Maine businesses, municipalities and non-profit organizations has grown from about a dozen members to almost 80 in the two weeks since its formation.
And the Maine Broadband Coalition (MBC) will turn out tomorrow at an 11:15 a.m. press conference to support L.D. 1063, broadband legislation introduced by Maine state representative Sara Gideon and state senator Garrett Mason.
WHAT: Press conference in support of LD 1063 ahead of its public hearing before the Energy, Utilities and Technology Committee:
WHEN: 11:15 a.m., Tuesday, April 21.
WHERE: Atrium of the Maine State Cultural Building (Maine State Museum, Maine State Library, Maine State Archives), 230 State Street, Augusta.
- Assistant House Democratic Leader Sara Gideon, sponsor of LD 1063, An Act To Promote Community Broadband Planning and Strengthen Economic Opportunity throughout Maine
- Senate Republican Leader Garrett Mason, lead cosponsor
- Daniel Sullivan, IT manager, Woodland Pulp LLC & St. Croix Tissue Inc.
- Pat Washburn, owner, Eunice Pomfret Media
- Page Clason, president, Integrated Knowledge Solutions, project manager, Broadband Working Group, Town of Isleboro
Maine Broadband Coalition (MBC) announced its formation on April 6. The coalition is an informal federation of public policy professionals, educational institutions, businesses, non-profit organizations and individuals who care deeply about Maine’s economic future. For more information visit www.MaineBroadbandCoalition.org.
New York Times editorial, “Look to the States on Broadband,” http://nyti.ms/1OzcdC6
Broadband Communities Magazine, “Bad Broadband Equals Low Population Growth,” http://bit.ly/1GbqWRJ
Bangor Daily News, “Rockport, Rockland join forces for broadband expansion,” http://bit.ly/1blKyIL